The Cuisinart electric kettle CPK-17 PerfecTemp is a 1.7 liter cordless electric kettle that can be used for making different varieties of tea at the right temperature.
With this kettle, you will no longer need to use different kettles for your delicate tea, green tea, white tea and oolong tea, thanks to its six preset temperatures.
You can also use the kettle to make French press coffee, instant cocoa, oatmeal and noodles among other instant foods using its boil preset temperature.
Its uniqueness is found in the way it can keep the chosen temperature for 30 minutes on the keep warm cycle such that if you boil water, you can press the keep warm button to keep the water at that same temperature for 30 min.
It also has a memory that keeps it running up to two minutes after it has been removed from its base.
The kettle is made of stainless steel and it is silver in color. It can be thought of as programmable because you can set it to boil water at a particular temperature based on your needs.
Features of the Cuisinart electric kettle CPK-17 PerfecTemp
- Large capacity of 1.7 liters.
- 1500 watts that produces fast heating.
- Six preset a temperature that enables steeping of tea at the required temperature. They are; delicate, green, white, Oolong, herbal and Black (boil).
- Memory that allows the kettle to continue brewing for up to two minutes after it has been removed from the base.
- Controls are one touch and they have blue LED indicators.
- Blue backlit water window.
- Base with cordless connector and 3600 swivel.
- The heating element is concealed for prevention of mineral buildup.
- Boil dry protection that auto shuts when the kettle does not have enough water.
- Keep warm option of 30 min.
- Non slip handle.
- Removable scale filter that can be cleaned.
- The kettle heats up the water fast in a few minutes.
- It has different settings that allow you to make beverages at their right temperature such as making delicate teas at 160o F or French press at 200o F.
- It prevents damage of the element by having a boil dry protection that auto shuts if it does not have enough water.
- You can see the water level, thanks to the blue backlit water window.
- Its heating element is concealed to prevent mineral buildup.
- It removes the need to reheat the water because it can maintain a particular water temperature if you choose the keep warm option.
- It has a scale filter that keeps the water clean. What’s more, it can be removed and cleaned.
- You can be assured of a clean counter when pouring your tea or coffee because the kettle has a dripless pour spout that has a splash guard.
- The sleep mode helps to save electricity. The kettle goes to sleep mode if it’s not used for more than five minutes.
- The kettle is expensive in comparison to other kettles. This may be explained to its many features although you may find other kettles with almost similar features but not as expensive.
- It is heavier than most other models, which can be associated with its make materials and features.
The Cuisinart cuisinart perfectemp cordless electric kettle makes the art of preparing beverages fast and much easier
This programmable electric kettle comes with a base that has 360o swivel, which ensures ease of use. You can make your tea at just the right temperature using its preset temperatures.
You can also keep the water at the preset temperature for 30 minutes without it cooling if you use the keep warm feature.
It could be that these and other unique features are what makes the kettle a bit more expensive in comparison to its counterparts. However, if you consider it, it may be worth it because of the convenience it provides.
Due to the many varieties of kettles in the market, it is also good to consider the features of other kettles so that you can make an informed decision.
If you are looking for almost similar features of the Cuisinart tea kettle but do not want to spend as much, then the Hamilton Beach 40865 Glass kettle can be your option.
The downside may be that its sides are made of glass and therefore it’s susceptible to limescale buildup. Also it does not have preset settings.
Other than that, it is fast in boiling water with power of 1500 watts, it has a boil dry protection, an auto shut-off when the water boils, has a capacity of 1.7 liters, is cordless with a 360o rotating base and an easy-to-pour spout.
If you just want to boil water fast, this is the kettle for you. But if you require heating the water to a specific preset temperature, you better stick to the cuisinart.
The Chefman RJ11-17-GP Precision kettle also has good features such as the preset temperature settings for brewing your beverage at the right temperature.
It is fast at boiling water, has a keep-feature that goes on for an hour, automatic shut off when the water boils, dry boil protection in case you turn it on when it does not have enough water, a 360o swivel base for easy use plus the ability to heat water up to 212o F.
It would be a good option if you do not want to spend a lot and you do not mind the glass sides.
However, the best of them all is the Cuisinart CPK 17 PerfectTemp kettle.
It comes in a great design, stainless materials and a myriad of features that make it easy to use, such as the six preset settings that allows you to make different types of beverages.
It also keeps a memory of the settings for two minutes when removed from the base, has a 30 min keep-warm feature that ensures that the water does not get cold, a boil dry protection, auto shutoff and a dripless pour spout among its other features.
Although it may cost more than the others, it is worth the price because it makes it easy to boil water for your tea, coffee and instant foods.
Please tell us your opinion about Cuisinart electric kettle CPK-17 PerfecTemp in the comment section below.
Did you like my review? Show me some love and hit the social share buttons from the left. It will be much appreciated.:)