Although this website is about kettles, I believe that a hot water dispenser falls to the same category due to almost the same features as an electric kettle.
Recently one friend of mine bought one and I was very impressed about how easy and fast heat up the water. Now I want to buy one for myself.
This is the reason why I did some research an decided to write this post and put everything you need to know in one place for you to make the best decision for a good purchase.
Things to consider before purchase:
– how much water do you need daily
– if you have enough space to keep the device
– the design
-tank material. Stainless steel is the most durable
– enough place for the water filter and water tank
-low water indicator (preferably acoustic),
-removable drip tray
-easy DIY mounting
How does the system work?
The kitchen sink’s cold water supply is connected to the hot water tank mounted under the sink.
As you use the water, it’s replaced in the tank by cold water, which is quickly heated.
The water temperature is monitored by a thermostat that controls the heating element.
What is the best hot water dispenser? Here are my reviews!
I have chosen for this review only the best instant hot water dispensers on the market. Make sure you read on.
You will read about in the following order:
- The InSinkErator
- Ready Hot RH 200
- WasteKing H711
Also, you will find a comparison table where I put together more dispensers.
The InSinkErator hot water dispenser H-CONTOUR-SS
Giving near-boiling water at discretion just a faucet twist away, the InSinkErator hot water dispenser system has become a favorite among homeowners.
The finish is very nice and very easy to install. If you haven’t ever used a hot water dispenser, you will be impressed by how nice is to have hot water on demand.
No more turning on the tap and wasting gallons of water before the water is hot. And its filtered. The improvement in the taste of hot beverages and having really hot filtered water for cooking right away is something indispensable in a modern kitchen.
- Adjustable temperature from 160 to 210 F
- The stainless steel tank holds 2/3 gallons of water
- 750watt heating element
- Include a ‘’ We Came to you” 3-year in Home limited warranty
- Many models to choose from such as Chrome or Satin Nickel finished, hot and cold faucet or hot only faucet
- Can heat up to 60 cups of water per hour
- Fast heating- less than 5 seconds vs 3-5 minutes for a kettle
- Easy push-button activation
- Best filtration system on the market(sold separately)-make your water taste better, and filter chlorine, particles and other contaminants.
- Tool-free tank connections
- Adjustable thermostat
- The InSinkErator hot water dispenser parts are very easy to find and replace
- Saves energy and water
- Some customers find it too noisy when heating water
- The faucet of some models its made of plastic
- The counter thickness must have a maximum of 2 inch
- Some customers complain of missing parts at delivery
Ready Hot RH-200-F560-CH Stainless Steel Hot Water Dispenser System
In a busy kitchen, this product is very useful for making coffee, tea, cocoa, soups. In other words, this thing is a stellar tool for getting food made. It’s useful also for cleaning pots and pans, as well as warming baby food or bottles.
- 1300 watt heater element
- Automated heater protection
- Adjustable temperature from 140 ͦ F up to 200 ͦ F
- Durable chrome finished faucet
- The faucet is elegant, heavy duty, and easy to use
- A built-in delay system make sure that all hands are out of the way before hot water flows
- Works with a wide range of filtration systems
- Great customer service
- The faucet head doesn’t extend very far, so you need to put the faucet cutout as close as possible to the sink
- Some customers complained about the longevity of the product
- You may find it noisy when heating water
- The hot water delay feature can be inconvenient for those who want instant hot water
All things said the Ready Hot RH-200-F560-CH Stainless Steel Hot Water Dispenser System is an excellent addition to your kitchen.
Waste King H711-U-SN Quick & Hot Water Dispenser Faucet & Tank – Satin Nickel
This kitchen tool is an elegant addition to your kitchen that is able to deliver up to 100 cups of hot water per hour.
It is one of the best hot-cold water dispensers on the market.
The tank has 11.2 inches height, 6.8 inches width and 8.1 inches depth and an open vent satin nickel faucet included.
- Uses less energy than a 40W bulb
- 1300W heating element
- Easy switch temperature from 140 ͦ F to 190 ͦ F
- Open vented safety system that prevents over-expansion of the bladder
- 1-year replacement warranty
- Long lasting
- The faucet is nice, sturdy and made of metal
- Best quality-price ratio
- Saves time and energy
- Self re-setting fuse to prevent dry start
- The faucet will start dripping from time to time because of the open vented system
- There are no service parts for the faucet
- Installation can be quite difficult
- A few customers complained about missing pieces at delivery
- Some plastic parts can break in time and produce water leaks, therefore is necessary to inspect the system now and then or mount a water sensor alarm to avoid damages.
- The open vented safety system prevents the over-expansion of the bladder, which is a good thing, but this makes the faucet to drip from time to time.
Hot Water Dispenser Comparison Table
The Bottom Line
Making a cup of tea, a coffee, hot chocolate, cooking pasta, or warming up a baby bottle, it’s now easier than ever with this amazing system.
Practically there is a limitless list of uses for near-boiling water, that warm up in less than 5 minutes.
I would say that it can easily replace an electric kettle.
In this review, I highlighted the best of the best hot water dispensers on the market, but there are many good ones there as you saw in the comparison table.
I know is difficult to choose one, but I hope my work here has given you the information necessary for making a good decision.
Feel free to share this post to help others in their search for the best hot water dispenser.