If you are a tea fanatic, then you must know that it does not get better than the Staub Cast Iron Tea Kettle when it comes to picking your brewing vessel.
Staub may be a French classic, but the brand has grown in leaps and bounds to become a global phenomenon that seems to always be everyone’s wish list.
The Staub cast iron kettle beats many other brands of cookware out there not only because of its durability but also for its aesthetic quality that can fit in both traditional and modern kitchens with ease.
The round, one quart, enameled cast iron teapot has a flawless finish and it comes in a variety of vibrant colors to suit a wide range of preferences. The design is modern and although Staub is French, there is a Japanese aesthetic quality about the teapot that gives it a sleek silhouette.
Features to enjoy in the Staub Cast Iron Tea Kettle
- Made in France, so you can rest assured of its high quality.
- It is made out of heavyweight cast iron that is intended to last for years.
- It comes with a tight-fitting lid that has been designed to retain moisture so that your water can remain hot.
- The Staub cast iron is completely safe to use in ovens up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Each of the pieces that are made is one of a kind because the pots are made from individual cast iron molding.
- It can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- It has a glossy enamel interior that is easy to clean and one that does not stain. The interior is nonabsorbent so it will not pick up any flavors or residue.
- It comes in many colors including cherry, graphite, black, cherry, gray, and grenadine.
- The teapot can also be used as a soup pourer. It can also be used to make sauces, brews, and compotes.
- Because the Staub cast iron pot has a smooth bottom, it can be used on any cooking surface including induction ovens.
- The teapot guaranteed even heat distribution and heat retention owing to the cast iron used for construction.
- The stainless steel handles on the side can fold down easily so that you can access the lid.
- Is extremely durable and can be used continuously without any damage. Most Staub kitchenware is typically passed down from generation to generation owing to its high quality.
- The Staub cast iron teapot has a small girth so it cannot be used properly on a massive burner because it will get swallowed up.
- Although the pot is quite petite, it is also very heavy for a pot its size. If you have arthritis or joint problems, this could be an issue.
- The Staub cast iron pot does not come with a whistle which is sometimes handy if you are busy in the house.
- The stainless steel handles can get extremely hot. You, therefore, need oven mitts when using the teapot.
To have or not to have – that is the question
The stainless steel handles help to heighten the beauty of the piece so that you can use it for dressing up both your stove and kitchen. It also folds down to allow you to remove the top whenever you need to empty or refill the pot.
One of the things to enjoy about is its ability to play the role of several kitchen devices at a go. Unlike most other teapots, the Staub iron tea kettle can act as a kettle and heat water from any surface, but it can also be used with a tea ball so that it can go straight from the stove to the dining table or serving tray.
Construction and design
Part of the reason the pot is so appealing is because of its minimal and sophisticated design. The only branding on the pot are the words “La Theiere” (the teapot) and “Staub”, which appear branded across the top with the stainless steel knob handle resting in between. The words Made in France are also embossed in the interior of the lid.
Using the teapot is a simple and elegant affair. All you have to do is place it on any surface including induction, turn the stove on and let it do its magic. Please note that the Stab kettle is extremely hot to the touch and should not be handled without protection. This ability to heat up is what allows your tea or water to remain hot for as long as possible.
The Staub cast iron is a substantial investment that is definitely worth having.
Don’t forget to leave a comment and share. Also take a look around, and check other reviews too.