Do you love tea? If your answer is YES, you should invest in a tea kettle. This will help you to make tea when you have the urge.
But what type of kettle should you buy?
These kettles are convenient since all that is required is to plug them into the power terminal. Besides, they also have some diverse features, which you will not find in conventional tea kettles.
The market is flooded with all kinds of electric tea kettles so that it is difficult to make a choice. But it does not have to be a challenge.
Here are some of the best tea kettle reviews; make sure to read on to make an informed decision.
Breville BKE820XL Variable Temperature Kettle
The Breville BKE820XL Variable Temperature Kettle enables the user to make tea at different temperature profiles. Be it green tea or white tea, the kettle’s temperature guard can be varied to make an excellent cup of tea.
In addition, you can also make French press coffee. The electric tea kettle is made of stainless steel for durability purposes. But that is not all. Its sleek design makes it a great compliment to your dinner table. It is capable of holding 1.8 liters of liquid. It also has 5-preset temperatures for brewing different beverages.
- It has several temperature settings. You can make black tea, green tea or white tea at different temperatures. This enhances the taste and the aroma of tea.
- The water level indicators are on both sides of the tea kettle.
- The kettle is made of stainless steel, to strengthen it.
- It has viewing handle through which you can see the contents of the kettle.
- It is easy to use and heats up fast once is plugged in.
- After long use, the water tends to collect on the lid. You may have to leave it open after using it so that the water can evaporate.
- It has a bit of plastics, which can make it fail in the test of BPA-free products as I don’t know if the plastic is BPA free.
The Breville BKE820XL Variable Temperature Kettle is an excellent tea kettle. It has multiple settings for temperatures, which ensures that you make tasty beverages. However, it is a bit pricey.
KRUPS BW3140 SAVOY Electronic Kettle
The KRUPS BW3140 SAVOY Electronic Kettle has been designed with high technology to provide a steamy cup of tea within a short span. It has a stainless steel exterior casing to ensure that it is durable.
The tea kettle holds 1.7 liters. This means it is appropriate for family use. The kettle is powered by 1500W of energy. It also features a rotating base and a lid which opens automatically. Other features in this kettle include an anti-scale filter, which ensures that you get a fresh cup of tea each time you use it.
- The kettle is capable of carrying about 57 ounces of water, equivalent to 1.7 liters.
- The base rotates, to ensure flexibility and to offer convenience.
- Keep warm option.
- The kettle shuts off automatically when the water boils or when it is empty. This assures you of safety.
- The anti-scale filter provides fresh tea.
- It is of high quality due to the stainless steel casing.
- Extra large LCD display and 4 buttons with 7 options of 140 to 212 degrees.
- When it is hot, the metal part heats up, meaning you may have to stick to the handle, otherwise you will burn your hands.
- It produces a strange taste when you use it for the very first time.
- The water level indicator is along the line of the vertical handle, what makes it hard to see it.
The KRUPS BW3140 SAVOY Electronic Kettle is a good buy. It is durable, owing to the stainless steel casing. It also boils fast and has an automatic shut-off feature to ensure you are safe when you are using it. However, the metal covering makes its exterior heat up.
Kenwood SJM610 Persona Collection Electric Kettle
The Kenwood SJM610 Persona Collection Electric Kettle is designed to offer high performance while not compromising on design. It boils tea within 4 minutes and while at it, the kettle whistles. The kettle can carry around 1.7 L of liquid.
The electric tea kettle has an automatic shut-off feature, which ensures safety when it boils dry. It also features a calibrated water window for easy viewing. Other features include a brushed aluminum exterior.
- It notifies you when the water starts to boil. Actually, it quietly whistles due to Quiet Mark approved technology.
- The automatic turn off feature, assures one of safety.
- Heating the tea only takes a few minutes.
- The outside of the tea kettle does not heat up.
- The kettle has an attractive design.
- An illuminated, easy to read LCD display places variable pre-set temperature settings and control functions.
- Keep warm function up to 30 minutes.
- You can’t set different temperatures other than pre-set ones.
- The interior is covered with plastic.
The Kenwood SJM610 Persona Collection Electric Kettle is an excellent appliance for tea lovers. It is electric since you only wait for a few minutes to have your tea. It features a maximum fill indicator and an auto-turn off feature. However, the plastic parts whack its durability.
Final thoughts on best electric tea kettle reviews
Of all the tea kettles analyzed above, the Breville BKE820XL Variable Temperature Kettle takes the first position. This is because it offers different options for making tea.
You can brew white tea, green or even black tea at varying temperatures. Besides, there is an option for making French press coffee. However, the price is a bit high.
The KRUPS BW3140 SAVOY Electronic Kettle comes second. It is made of stainless steel to enhance its durability. The only problem is that it heats up on the outside.
Lastly, we have the Kenwood SJM610 Persona Collection Electric Kettle, which works efficiently and it whistles when it starts to boil. But it has a plastic interior, which lessens its durability, and to some customers reported problems with the heating element.
Did you like my review? Show me some love and hit the social share buttons from the left. It will be much appreciated.
Also, leave a comment if you want to share something with us 🙂