The Medelco 12 cup glass stovetop whistling kettle is one of the best glass kettles in the market and it is very easy to see why.
This kettle offers extraordinary value with its top of the line features and specifications. Made out of wonderful and sturdy borosilicate glass, the Medelco glass whistling tea kettle is small enough to use at a tea party but it is still large enough to handle a group of 12 people.
If you have a household that is full of adults, the Medelco whistling kettle can be the ultimate addition. The large capacity can contain enough water for oatmeal and tea for three.
The Medelco is available at an affordable price, although it is possible to find it for less money in an online retail shop rather than a brick and mortar one.
The price is lower than other stainless steel models in the market because glass is made out of sand, which is a readily accessible and inexpensive raw material.
Although the Medelco glass may appear quaint and brittle when compared to other metallic variations in the market, you should not let this glass whistling tea kettle fool you.
The borosilicate glass, which is made with German technology, is extremely tough. So much so, that the Medelco glass kettle can even withstand use in the dishwasher.
If you have never used a glass kettle before, you may be squeamish at the idea of placing your new Medelco whistling kettle on an open flame.
However, you should keep in mind that scientists have used glass beakers over Bunsen burners for thousands of years. It is therefore perfectly safe to use on an open flame source.
The removable lid, drip-free spout, as well as the heat-resistant handle ensures that the kettle is convenient to use.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the Medelco 12 Cup Glass Stovetop Whistling Kettle, shall we?
- Manufactured to fit the North American Electrical Standards
- It has a large water capacity that is ideal when dealing with numerous guests.
- Is extremely versatile as it can be utilized on glass and electric stovetops.
- The kettle can be cleaned gently by hand but it is also dishwasher safe.
- If you are not using the kettle to serve large groups, it also comes embedded with a cup indicator that comes in handy for beverage control.
- Because it is made of high-quality glass, the likelihood leaving a metallic taste in your beverages is low
- As the name suggests, the Medelco kettle whistles to alert you when the water is ready.
- The kettle is designed to hold your water for a length of time. Even when you are only using it to make a cup of tea, you can fill it up as high as you want to and only use the amount needed.
- It is very easy to maintain as you only need to rinse it regularly with fresh water.
- The handle can get very hot and it can stay that way for almost 15 minutes after extracting it from the heat.
- The whistling sound is piercing and loud which can be an inconvenience when you live with other people or with small children.
- You need to be patient when using the kettle because it takes a longer time to bring the water to a boil. However, please note that once the water comes to a boil, it stays hot for very long after pouring.
- The kettle does not have a hinged spout cover so you have to extract the rubber piece on top if you want to pour water. When the kettle is hot, it can be a little difficult to have this done correctly.
Why you should buy this glass kettle?
For your health
Unlike metallic or plastic kettles, this kettle does not react with your tea or water as it boils. The lack of contamination ensures that your tea is safe for consumption.
The Medelco kettle has a convenient size that makes it ideal for both office and home use. The heat-resistant material used to make the kettle also means that your tea stays hotter for longer.
Great for kitchen décor
The Medelco whistling kettle is attractive and can spice up the décor of any modern kitchen.
Did you find this review helpful? Please like and share, and if you want to say something, leave a comment below 🙂